Adventures with Mom Part 2: Paint Nite

Red Roses and Blue Bicycle
As part of my mother's visit, we attended Paint Nite.  There were quite a few parties being hosted throughout the Bay Area during her visit--it was difficult to choose just one.  My mother got very excited when she saw the "Red Roses and Blue Bicycle" painting and so tickets were promptly purchased before it sold out.  I will confess that there were some elements of this design that intimidated me, but confident that our hosting Artist would break it down for us!

Our mother/daughter Paint Nite date was on the same day as our morning hike and afternoon wine tasting.  We had an hour or so to unwind from the morning festivities before we took off to get our painting on!

Our hostess did a fantastic job creating a fun, festive and stress-free painting party.  She guided us through each step of the process:  introduction to the tools provided, mixing colors, painting our background, and tackling the dreaded bicycle frame!  Once she broke down the smaller components of the bicycle--it was super easy and fun!!  My favorite part was adding the basket and roses!

The two hours flew by, and soon we were adding the finishing touches to our paintings.  As we left, we got a picture of us each proudly holding our creations!!  No two paintings look alike, and it was fun to see the subtle differences between our pieces.  All in all, it was a super fun and creative way to bond with my mother!  Once my Red Roses and Blue Bicycle is proudly hung, it will remind me of this special evening spent creating with my mother!!
Mother Daughter Bonding at Paint Nite

Comments