Meet Bennie

Having completed all my Christmas gifts, it was time to get my sewing machine cleaned and serviced, as its gotten a lot of mileage this past year.  While I was there I thought I would check out the used/refurbished sewing machines as I was looking for a second machine to have on hand.  After passing by some old and basic looking Kenmores, Singers, and Elnas, the attendant pointed out a Bernina they had just gotten.  I knew it was something special, as it had its very own display table.  I admit it was love at first sight...the 12" of sewing space, accessories galore and so many of my quilting classmates have raved about (and even petted) their Berninas.  It was a great bargain, but I just upgraded sewing machines this year and left the store before I got too attached. 
I'm not worthy!

But all that day I kept thinking about her, and even woke up the next day dreaming about the machine and all that it could do.  So after much discussion and online research, we returned to the store upon opening.  I was relieved to see no one else had snatched it up, and hovered by the machine ready to thwart potential buyers until a clerk was available.  He explained that this woman bought this top of the line sewing machine and tons of accessory feet, but traded it in for the same machine that her fellow sewing group was using.  I am more than happy to benefit from her succumbing to peer pressure!  

Love at First Sight
Less than 30 minutes later, Bennie came home with us and it was time to explore all these bells and whistles.  I admit I had to watch the video clip 3-4 times, read the manual 3-4 times and watch the tutorial on the machine another 3-4 times to properly load the thread and thread the needle.  But I think I am ready to take this baby out for a test drive with a new project...but which new quilt project is special enough for this maiden voyage?

Thank you Doug for this wonderful early Christmas...birthday...Valentine's Day...Anniversary...gift.  I love it!
Another year...another sewing machine.

Comments