New Years Resolution Progress Report

Just over 2 weeks into the new year and I've made progress on all 5 of my quilting resolutions!

1.  Bennie and I are getting acquainted and racking up quite a bit of mileage.  Although we still experience a few bumps in the road, so I am thinking a class or two on use and care are in order...
Bennie's Resume:  3 quilt tops ready to be quilted, and a 4th that just needs to be bound!

2.  I am experimenting with my machine quilting.  Fortunately one of the quilt tops above is crib size, making the quilting process not as daunting...
This crib sized Texas Two Step certainly helped me ease into machine quilting the zig zag and heart pattern
 
Taking baby steps until the winding ways quilt...eek!


3.  Documentation is coming along, thanks to the blog, and an upcoming quilt label class!--sorry no exciting pictures to show!

4.  I just got back from my first surface design/fabric embellishment class...using Shiva Painstix!! 
As you can see, I had a lot of fun experimenting!

Original Design #1 layering several different techniques

Original Design #2--kind of a square in a square quilt block look?!?
 5.  And I am proud to announce I am tackling my pile of scraps and using from my stash with two upcoming projects...both using modern quilt designs from Elizabeth Hartman (from her Oh, Fransson blog!)

I am super excited about all these jewel toned fabric squares for her Sparkle Punch Quilt Along

And while I had all those fabrics out, I saved all the scraps/odd pieces for a second quilt-Modern Mosaic!
Although I must confess, I did have a few moments of weakness as I ordered some new fabrics...




Comments