Quilt Guild High

I come home from quilt guild meetings ready to tackle the world...or at least my sewing projects.  Seeing others' projects during the show and tell, and listening to the guest presenter fill me with so much inspiration...I always come home feeling giddy and excited about quilting.  Today's meeting was in the morning, so my quilters's high will be put to use for the remainder of the day, and should wear off in time for bedtime.  And to add to my high, I won one of the Fat Quarter bundles featuring starry fabrics... 

Brought in 3 fat quarters from my stash and walk away with new starry fabrics!
I also got my bundle of tangerine, turquoise and other sunny fabrics recently ordered...absolutely gorgeous...

Sunshine fabrics for yet another dreary day
I was very tempted to bring these fabrics to my curved strip piecing class tomorrow...but I hesitate to practice a new technique on such gorgeous fabrics.  So instead, I may pull out my collection of cheery cherry fabrics that have been sitting in my stash waiting to be called up for another project (already made a wedding quilt years ago...but I have enough fabric in this collection for 2-3 quilt tops!)

Cheery cherry fabrics in black, white, yellow, white and red!
Off to finish packing for tomorrow's guild workshop...fabric check!  And then onto finishing up a project for Friday...eek!

Comments