Best Ever Quilt Retreat


All my bags were packed...
and I was ready to go to my first ever Quilting Retreat---hosted by the Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild (BAMQG).  I was nervous and unsure as to what to expect, pack or which projects to tackle.  But I went with an open mind, an ambitious stack of projects to start, and my chair (which was the envy of all the other attendees) and had a fantastic weekend!  Here are just a few highlights...
Goodies Galore:  At check in we each got a quilted zipper pouch filled with thread, needles, BAMQG fabric swatches, hardware for a few easy projects and chocolates---which seemed to have mysteriously disappeared over the weekend?!?  ;-)

Big open sewing space---which was rarely this tidy/organized.  I sewed from 2 pm -11pm on Friday, 7 am-1 am (OMG!!!) on Saturday and 8:30 am -2:30 pm on Sunday

Fun activities, contests, games and cool give aways.  I won this awesome book for completing a quilty word find the fastest!  Go me!

Fabric Fixes:  3 opportunities to shop for fabric--1 of which was just 2 feet away from my work station (so very tempting!!), free fat quarters and a stash swap.
And my quilting progress:
Sewing organizer/scrap basket to hang next to my machine

Cathedral window block using my newly won book and converted into a reversible totebag
3/4 of my blocks for my sparkle punch quilt
And while I didn't come close to finishing the quilt...I have lots of scraps to show my progress!
And best of all...I met some amazing, talented and truly generous fellow quilters...can't wait till the next retreat!!

Comments