Finished It Friday: Echo Challenge

My local modern quilt guild hosted an Echo challenge--where we were given swatches of Echo fabrics to make something for ourselves! 
Fabric swatches provided for echo challenge
Originally I wanted to make a zipper bag to serve as a quilter's emergency kit but I was intimidated by putting in a zipper.  In an effort to avoid a zipper, I moved onto two easy projects at the retreat:
Echo sewing organizer/scrap catcher
Echo cathedral window tote
Both came out super cute but neither project highlighted or used all 4 fabric swatches and seemed to be cheating the challenge.  With the big reveal rapidly approaching, I revisited the quilter's emergency kit idea and the dreaded zipper bag!  I drafted up some block ideas to embellish my zipper tote using the fabrics:
Sketches for bag design

Translated into fabric

Bag interior assembly-sizing up the pockets

Finished exterior shots--I love it!!!!!

Emergency supplies stocked and organized
Currently my quilter's emergency kit contains:  an assortment of pins, scissors, hand/machine needles, pens/marking tools, lint roller, spare rotary blade, bobbins, thread, bandaids, first aid ointment, tissues, gum, post it nots, baggies, template tabs, hair bands, chapstick...and there's still room for additional emergency supplies.  Now I am prepared for any quilting emergency!

Comments