Winding Ways Winding Down


Ta da!
I began this winding ways quilt back in October--in a class at one of my LQS.  I figured it would help get me over my fear of curved piecing...but little did I know that the curved piecing would be the easiest phase of this adventure!  Once the blocks were assembled and sewn together---little glitches began to pop up:  by designing a fun and more intricate scrolling border--I ended up with a quilt top that was too big for my backing which then had to be reconfigured, then my sewing machine kept acting up quarter of the way into quilting...which is already stressful enough.
But misadventures aside...I love the end result!  The quilting was by far more intricate than previous projects and I am really happy with how it complements the enchanted circles effects...
Close up of winding quilting
Contact paper templates to carry on the circles
I had a few extra blocks that didn't make it into the quilt top--so I turned one into my quilt label...
Spare block = Quilt label
Pup Approved

Comments