Snuggle Bundles

Snuggle Bundles
A new cancer center is being constructed here in San Jose.  In preparation for its winter opening, they are trying to collect 3,000 snuggle bundles for use by future cancer patients during chemotherapy treatments.  A snuggle bundle consists of a lap sized fleece blanket and two small pillows to rest their arms while they are receiving their injection.  One of our guild members has been promoting this opportunity and the president issued a challenge for us to try making 2 bundle kits under 30 minutes.  During a recent Joann's visit, I saw the fleece was on sale for 50%, so I picked up enough material to make two bundles (only 1.5 yard/bundle).  One of the fabrics was super fun but was more female friendly, so I found a bright cheery blue tye dye that I thought would appeal to any male patients. 

I was making great time cutting the fringe and preparing the pillows for two quick seams, until my Bernina started acting up AGAIN!  I gave up fighting that battle and moved onto the Brother machine, but unfortunately this glitch had me finishing closer to 35 minutes so I did not meet the 30 minute challenge.  But I am happy to help, especially since cancer has affected several family members and dear friends.  I hope these little bundles of love will help others overcome their battle with cancer.

Comments