I'm dreaming of a quilty Christmas!

Oh Christmas Tree
This year, life was simply hectic throughout the holidays.  We usually put up the Christmas tree up a week or so later than usual...back in its prime location:  my studio!  I was counting down the days until my 4 day Christmas vacation for some much needed time off!  While I had an ambitious to do list...we slowed down to celebrate a relaxing and lovely Christmas day!
I sense a theme here...


Santa was especially generous this year, and I sensed a quilt-related theme in gifts:  fabric, quilt templates and a gift certificate to my favorite quilt shop!!

I treated myself to some long-overdue studio time to quilt using last year's Christmas gift...Bennie.  "Oh my Stars" SCVQA Challenge Quilt is due at the end of January...so I spent some time planning out the design and researching various star patterns and techniques I wanted to highlight.  I decided to test one of the techniques using some fabrics from my stash unrelated to the quilt challenge.  After pulling several stacks of fabrics only to pull more and more, I finally made my selection and started to cut, iron and assemble this intricate Fancy Folded Star Potholder block using a Moda Bakeshop pattern/tutorial.

Finished block with borders
The initial set up took some time, as I kept running back to my computer screen for direction on the next step in the process...yet it came together easily enough as I watched in amazement as the block started to develop.  I was so impressed with the overall block that I decided to add some borders...which led to layering it, quilting it and even binding it---all in one night!  (technically I finished around 12:45 AM!!)

You will certainly see more of this block in the new year as I work on my Challenge quilt...hint hint!

Quilted and bound Christmas Star mini quilt


Christmas Stars 





Merry Christmas!  

Comments