Friday, June 28, 2013

Mystery Finally Resolved

Back in January 2012, McCalls unveiled a 3-part Mystery Challenge quilt pattern which I followed as each issue came out:
Part 1:  January 2012
Part 2:  February 2012
Part 3:  April 2012
I prepped the binding, and I was proud of myself for using all the corner pieces from the snow ball blocks to create a medallion for the quilt back, framed with spare fabrics.  
Back Medallion pieced from the snow ball corner scraps
Close Up of Quilting with Walking Foot
But then it came to a screeching halt for over a year as I worked out the quilting phase.  Every few months I would tackle one of the sub-units starting with the blue stars, followed by the yellow crosses, orange flowers and really got stuck for the paisley snowball blocks and border units.  So it sat for a few more months...until I finally got inspiration from Pinterest where I found a star idea that could be adapted for the border pieces.  I managed to quilt them all in just one afternoon!  And since the binding was already prepped, I added the last few stitches this morning.
Here is the final quilt (sans label as I just decided who will be the lucky recipient of this quilt)...
June 2013:  Mystery Ending Revealed

No comments:

Post a Comment