Continued FMQ Progress: Clam Shells


I continue to progress through Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting a Sampler Quilt via Craftsy.  After watching each demo, I do a few practice samples of each FMQ motif.  Some patterns are so addicting that I can't just stop at a few.  As such, I end up FMQ an entire Fat Quarter sandwich...and go on to bind, turning it into a quilted place mat.  Here is my clam shells motif.  I started out in the bottom left with teal thread and about 3/8" density.  But then the bobbin ran out so I changed to purple with 1/4" density and then purposely onto bright pink with 1/8" density for an ombre effect.

Next up is Pebbles, which I suspect is bound to yield another FQ place mat!   
I also made some great progress in the design process of several quilt projects:  fabric selections for sashings, borders, etc.  So hopefully I will have those completed soon for some fun and colorful posts!

Comments