Autumn Mums

Autumn Mums was completed just in time for its debut at the October SCVQA general meeting.  There were some quilting issues with skipped stitches.  I tried to adjust tension and stitch length to no avail.  I changed out the needle and poof!  Beautiful quilting returned...alleluiah!

I had fun FMQ the daisies, especially pebbling the centers in a contrasting color!

And now that I am getting more confident with my quilting, I decided to use solid fabric for the backing to highlight my quilting rather than disguise it with a busy fabric.  It was fun turning it over---it looked like a whole cloth quilt!
Reverse side of Autumn Mums highlighting quilting
And here is the front of the quilt adding some color and cheer to my otherwise dormant flower bed...
A quilt for my flower bed! 

Comments