Free Motion Fillers Blocks 49-64

Here is the final batch of quilted blocks from my Sample Quilt from Leah Day's Free Motion Fillers Volume 1 and 2 Craftsy class.  The first 6 rows were dedicated to covering each of the fillers from Volume 1 class (with one filler leftover for row 7:  Open Flow).  With only 15 blocks left, I had to watch all of her Volume 2 class and narrow down my top 15 choices for the remaining blocks--hence the delay.  But I managed to whittle down the list and found some creative solutions for including multiple motifs within a block.  Here are the last 16 quilted blocks:
Rows 7 and 8 quilted top left to bottom right:  Open Flow (vol 1), Venn Diagram, Shattered Glass, Loose Weave, Bamboo Forest, Stitch-Dot-Turn, Wiggle Maze, Wiggly Tentacles, Pipe Maze, Several Foundation Motifs (Desert Sand, Topographic Map, Ocean Current and Whirlpools), Ebb & Tide, Railroad Tracks, Electric Storm, 3 different feathers (Party Vine, Elodea and Fern Stem), Pearled Feather and Night Feather.  
I FMQ'ed the last 15 blocks and surrounding borders all in one day--and was feeling it in my lower back by the time I got to Night Feather.  But I am excited to add the binding (still trying to decide whether to go with solid grey or add a pop of color?).  Once complete, it will hang in my studio as a reference when trying to decide how to quilt future projects.  I can't wait!!  

Stay tuned for a posting on the finished quilt so you can see all 70 motifs stitched out in order.    

Comments