X's & O's: Hugs & Kisses

Hugs & Kisses
Originally I had dubbed these quilt tops "Chopsticks," based on the criss-crossed strips of pink (or teal) fabric.  But once I started to free motion quilt pebbles throughout, it was filled with Xs and O's, hence the "Hugs & Kisses" name.
Close up of pebble quilting
Quilting the pebbles was a fairly easy task that required only a little planning ahead to ensure I didn't leave any nooks or crannies unquilted--not that it wasn't hard to travel forward/back as needed.  To help the X's really pop, I outline quilted them before filling in the gaps with pebbling.  I was able to plan all my starts and stops to take place off the edge of the quilt, so I didn't have to bury any of my threads-woo hoo!  I used Superior Threads So Fine 50 weight thread in a matching grey color that worked beautifully.  But I think I still went through at least 3 or 4 extra large bobbins.
Quilt Label--Check!

I've got a pretty lengthy list of quilts that are in need of quilt labels (tsk, tsk--I know!!).  But at least I am trying not to add any more quilts to the list but incorporating the quilt label before adding on the binding.  It goes so much faster this way--doesn't require any interfacing and/or handwork.  So here is my quilt pocket label beautifully framed by one of our gorgeous roses in bloom.

Next up, its companion piece in teal.  Not sure yet whether I will replicate the same pebbling motif or mix things up.  Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. A gorgeous quilt and garden; very inspiring.
    I gotta remember your label trick, very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!