Quilting This Month: More Flying Geese!!!

While I love my new job, it has put a bit of a damper on my studio time.  I don't have any new finishes to show, but I've been making some progress on a few projects...many of which seem to be involving the Flying Geese block...

This month's "Focus Through the Prism" Project Quilting challenge features the Flying Geese block and I am going back in time to the 1980's!  The design/composition is top-secret (even to myself as I work out the details) but let's just say the research phase was a lot of fun as I relived some of the crazy trends from that decade...gotta love the 80's!!  It's due at the end of the month and I am hoping to get started on the construction this weekend.  It will finish at 20" square, so let's hope it goes together quickly...
Fabrics for my top secret 1980's inspired quilt...
While I sorted out the 1980's inspired quilt...I took a little break to catch up on my monthly installation of the Meadow Mist Midnight Mystery Quilt Along.  First up was trimming up my Flying Geese units, followed by assembling Square in a Square units.  I am now caught up, at least until the new October instructions are posted!  I am most curious how these will all come together...
August's Flying Geese Unit and September's Square in a Square Unit

Comments