Tackling Some UFOs

With just 28 hours left in 2015, I am working to tackle a few lingering UFOs.  Both of these projects were used for my July Q101 Demonstration on Interleave quilts.  I created a number of step outs of the Interleave Quilt in progress as a visual of the various steps involved.  One of the step outs was nearly complete and just needed a label and binding for completion!   And so I dug it out and got to work finishing this small piece.
Quilting 101 Demo Step Out
Finished/Bound Raspberry Lemonade Interleave
As part of the Interleave demo, I also incorporated a mini tutorial on facing a quilt.  Well, I needed a small project to demonstrate, and pulled out a wonky log cabin blog I had made back in August 2012, as part of a Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild demo on improvisation.
Improv Log Cabin Block
I had some fun doodling different Free Motion quilting designs into the various sections and started to face it during the demonstration.  So all I had to do was add a label and finish facing the other two sides of the quilt!
Faced Back Side of Wonky Log Cabin
Finished and Faced Wonky Log Cabin Mini
With 24+ hours left in 2015, there may be time for me to tackle one or two more small UFO projects!!

Comments