Rail Fence Modern Makeover

This month's Modern Quilts Unlimited "Everything Old is New Again" challenge focused on the traditional Rail Fence block.  As part of this modern makeover, I added my own slant...literally!  Centered below is the block I drafted in EQ7, featuring a simple Rail Fence block with a triangle unit in one corner.  Given the small finished size of each unit (3" finished), I opted to paper piece them for accuracy.  Once the units were complete, I had two options for final layout...
Starry TRail Fence Block Unit and Two Possible Layouts
In the end, I really like the layout on the right side, as it seemed to emphasize the Rail Fence with a central starry unit (and it was how I had originally drafted it in EQ7.  But its always fun to experiment with other designs...
"Starry TRails" From Draft Version to Reality, Finishes 12"
You can vote for "Starry TRails" online (facebook account is required) through March 14th.

Comments