This morning was the day and I celebrated the occasion by replacing my rotary blade with a brand new one!!! Some days, it is the little things that bring such joy to my quilting world. With a new blade installed, I was able to easily slice through layers and layers of fabric "like buttah!"
I did have a small moment of panic when I opened up one of my fabrics that I thought was 3/4 of a yard, and learned that there a few chunks cut out from a previous project. Luckily the Quilt Along host, Cheryl, does an amazing job writing clear, concise instructions that include some wiggle room. With some careful planning, I still managed to have extra fabric left over after I cut out all my units. Phew: Crisis averted!
Here are all my units cut, stacked, labelled and ready for the next round of instructions come September. After a lot of input from my fellow quilters and quilt along participants, I opted for the firework print (vs. pink polka dots). It is one of my favorite prints and I am super excited to incorporate it into such a fun fabric palette.
|Meadow Mystery Quilt Along Units Cut and Ready for Sewing Come September...|
There is still time to join the Meadow Mystery Quilt Along fun...hint-hint!!