The San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles will be hosting their "Tying the Knot" fundraising gala on Saturday, August 27th (from 6-10 PM) and you are all invited to purchase tickets to attend! Join us as we celebrate fiber art with music, dance, food and fun! Some program highlights include live performances by Winds in the Strings (a harpist and flutist duo) and Folklorico Dancers from Fuego Nuevo of San Jose. Later in the evening, you can dance under the stars to music provided by Party Pump DJ. There will be a silent auction featuring artwork made by local artisans, as well as novel items and experiences.
Your attendance at "Tying the Knot" goes a long way to support the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles' mission, and your mutual love & commitment of celebrating Fiber Art here in the Bay Area. You help say "I Do" to the following...
- "I Do"...to experiencing textile art exhibits that are compelling, innovative and bring both beauty and meaning to our lives.
- "I Do"...to making fiber art be accessible, appreciated and enjoyed by all, as SJMQT is open and free to the public from 7 pm to 9 pm on the first Friday of each month.
- "I Do"...to celebrating Fiber Artists (many of whom live and create here in the Bay Area) and have the opportunity to both have their works mounted in a professional gallery setting as part of the FiberSpace Exhibition program, as well as connect with other fiber artists during programs and workshops offered through SJMQT.
- "I Do"...to preserving historic and contemporary art quilts and garments as part of the museum's permanent collection, so that future generations can enjoy the beauty and historic/cultural significance of these pieces.
- "I Do"...to providing quality art education to 5,000 K-12 students and their families that participate in the museum's in-school programs annually.
- "I Do"...to teaching quilting to women and children whose lives have been affected by domestic violence as part of the Quilts as Women's Shelter partnership with Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence and the Santa Clara Valley Quilt Association.
- "I Do"...to supporting the team of dedicated staff and volunteers who make all this possible!
- "I Do"...to celebrating the museum's approaching 40th Anniversary (and many more to come thanks to your financial support)