Teaching and Thanksgiving

Last Tuesday, I had the pleasure of sharing my adventures in quilt challenges with the Silicon Valley Modern Quilt Guild.  For being a fairly new quilt guild, they are an active group!

It was nice to see some familiar faces in the audience.  I knew Joy from other quilt associations, and she graciously took lots of pictures during my presentation (and her husband John helped process them for my use--many thanks!!).  My friend Sarah brought her two kiddos, ages 4 and 6, who are budding quilt artists.  Her daughter was very excited when she recognized a rainbow print used on several of my quilts from one of her first quilts!!  She certainly has fantastic taste in fabric!  And since the meeting was only 10 minutes from home, I was able to entice Doug to come along.  And while he has seen much of the components of my lecture/trunk show in development, this is the first time he got to see the finished presentation.  He was an awesome roadie as he expertly helped navigate the high tech AV system, as well as help hold up some of my larger quilts.
Challenge Yourself! Trunk Show
It is hard to believe, but this concludes my 2016 teaching tour.  During this time of thanksgiving, I am so thankful to have the opportunity to share my passion for quilting with others.  I'd like to thank all those who have supported me on this journey:
  • My super supportive partner--Doug
  • My family, friends & fellow guild members who have encouraged me on this new adventure
  • My quilting mentors & teachers who have guided me along the way
  • Quilt guild volunteers and quilt shop owners who have welcomed me into their communities
I have a busy month ahead finishing up some quilt challenges, wrapping up my 2016 New Year's Resolutions and getting ready for 2017.  So stay tuned for more updates and adventures ahead!!

Comments