Exciting Quilt Updates

Lots of exciting updates on the quilting front to share...

"Thunderstruck" was selected as one of ten finalists for the Riley Blake Creative Rockstar Fabric Challenge!!  With over 200 submissions, I am just honored!!!  Be sure to check out the winning quilts and fabulous finalists. 
Thunderstruck
A few days later, I learned that my "RE$I$TAN¢E" was one of 62 quilts juried into the Threads of Resistance Traveling Exhibit.  Given the sheer number of entries (500+) and the high caliber of entries, I am truly honored to be included in this dynamic display.  It will be heading off to the New England Quilt Museum for the July 15th Opening Reception.  In October, the entire exhibit will make its way to the Santa Clara Convention Center for Pacific International Quilt Festival, so I will get to see it in person!!  Be sure to check out the travel schedule to find a venue near you.    
RE$I$TAN¢E

Last but not least, I entered my latest Mod Mola, "Spring Has Sprung" into two online quilt challenges.  Both challenges incorporate an online voting process for family & friends (hint-hint).  You are cordially invited to VOTE for "Spring Has Sprung" and/or your favorite entries using the links below:

  • 2017 Pantone Color of the Year Quilt Challenge (Mini Quilts Category, Linky Party #19)
    Voting will stay open until 10 PM PST on Friday, June 2nd.  You may vote for your favorite in each category (Quilts, Mini Quilts and Just the Tops).  To vote, simply click on the heart in the corner of the thumbnail photo.  Remember, one vote per category so choose wisely!!  
  • Project Quilting "May I?" Challenge (Linky Party #1)
    Voting is open and you can vote for your 4 favorites.  To vote, simply click on the heart in the corner of the thumbnail photo.  

Spring Has Sprung
And I've got more exciting quilting updates on the horizon...so stay tuned!!

Comments

  1. Congratulations. Well deserved. I look forward to seeing the details of Re$$tance. You are always on point in your critiques. This is an extremely important reminder of some of the things at risk with this Republican Congress and Administration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann...there is so much at stake and I hope my quilt and the entire exhibit will continue the conversation and encourage others to speak up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!