Premier Pebble & Play!

This past weekend, I had the joy of launching my newest free-motion quilting workshop:  Pebble & Play!  Pebble quilting is one of my go to quilting designs as they add amazing quilted texture, are versatile to fit into any area, easy to adapt through small varations, and play well with other free motion quilting designs.  This workshop is geared for quilters of all levels wanting to take their pebble quilting to the next level.
Plenty of Room to Pebble & Play!

This weekend's workshop was made extra special as there were quite a few familiar faces in attendance including fellow guild members, former students and lecture attendees, friends & colleagues.  Everyone was treated to a spacious classroom, compliments of  Scruffy Quilts Quilt Shop and plenty of 1:1 attention from yours truly.

Each quilter stitched at their own pace, drawing inspiration from the demonstrations, handouts, teaching samples and the pile o'quilts I brought with me.  At the start of class, I gauged everyone's free-motion quilting experience and was delighted by the fact that almost everyone was relatively brand new to FMQing!!  I brought my first few FMQing samples from June 2013 and stressed the importance of practicing regularly to develop the skills involved with free motion quilting.  The day's focus was on progress vs. perfection, and I was sure to include a variety of design, tips and tools for success!

Just check out all their pebbling practice and progression from the workshop!!!
Playful Pebble Practice!

As a teacher, I loved watching everyone's progression as evidenced by their stitched samplers and conveyed through their body language.  At the start of the class, nervousness and tension were seen as shoulders creeped up towards the ears, or by holding one's breath while stitching a new design...whereas others remained very quiet and focused intensely on their samplers.  But as everyone grew more comfortable with their machines and the designs, everyone soon began to relax their bodies, chat more (which is a very good sign that they are also breathing!) and they were smiling as they stitched along!!

And I love the fact that after lunch, one quilter was brave enough to start pebble quilting onto her pieced wall hanging in lieu of the fat quarter sampler!!
All Star Pebbles and Courage!!

I am so pleased with everyone's progress and I can't wait to teach this workshop again this coming weekend for the South Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild.  Be sure to check my teaching schedule for upcoming Pebble & Play workshops so you too can join the fun!!

Comments