Friendship Quilters Guild Modern Mandala Makers


My visit with the Friendship Quilters of San Diego was an absolute delight!!  It kicked off with a VIP experience of flying with Southwest.  There were only 40 passengers aboard the flight from San Jose down to San Diego, so we could have our own row of seats.  Plus I managed to score lots of extra leg room by having the emergency exit row all to myself!! 
Thanks to Southwest for the VIP treatment and to San Diego for Welcome Message!

Jerre was my host extraordinaire and showed me around the San Diego/Poway area, which was experiencing lots of rain.  We managed to stay warm and dry with a comforting bowl of soup!  At the evening guild meeting, I experienced first hand how the Friendship Quilters Guild lives up to their namesake, where everyone was super friendly!  It was so nice to see a few friendly faces of fellow traveling quilt teachers who were in attendance.  My overnight host, Hope, worked AV/lighting wonders for my Dare to Dye lecture to add a splash of brilliant color to a pretty rainy day.

The next day, Paradise Sewing provided the perfect workshop space for a Modern Mandalas workshop.  Everyone had their own large table to create their own unique Modern Mandala, and there was extra room to set up a taco bar for lunch!
Modern Mandala Making

And check out their spectacular in-progress Modern Mandalas!!!  By the end of the day, everyone completed a quadrant and many were well on their way to preparing their other three quadrants!!
Mandala Mirror Magic

 Many thanks to Jerre for being an amazing host, Hope for opening her home to me, and to everyone at Friendship Quilters Guild for being so welcoming!!
Modern Mandala Makers!

If you'd like to become a Modern Mandala Maker, I will be teaching Modern Mandalas next at Road to California, on January 26th, 2019 and there are still a few open spots!!

Comments

  1. Hooray for you and your fabulous students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann...they were such a wonderful group. It was a fun workshop, including doo wop music playing in the background!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!