Making Mod Mandalas at Road to California

Road to California Mod Mandala Makers

Mod Mandalas rounded out my 4-days of teaching at Road to California.  What an honor to see a number of quilters back from previous workshops!!  The morning was spent prepping a set of Mod Mandala wedges.  By the afternoon, Aurifil Monofilament thread was loaded into the Viking sewing machines (generously provided by OC Sewing & Vacuum) for top stitch applique.
Mod Mandala Making In Progress

In the last hour of class, Mod Mandala quadrants were blooming all around the classroom!!  Magic mirrors helped recreate the remaining 3 quadrants for a preview of each in progress Mod Mandala...
Sparkling Mod Mandalas
More Stunning Mod Mandalas



Mod Mandalas with a Twist

Cool and Hot Mod Mandalas

Aren't they all absolutely spectacular?!?  At the very end of class, we combined everyone's quadrants for a Mod Mandala Mashup!!
Mod Mandala Mashup

What a fun wrap up to teaching at Road to California!!  Many thanks to each and every quilter who signed up for one, two or all three of my workshops.  I loved seeing how each quilter added his/her own personality to the various projects,  I hope our quilting paths will cross again and I would love to see pictures of your finished projects.  Special thanks to Matt Reese and Stevii Graves for inviting me to join the 2019 Road to California faculty, along with the entire Road to California crew of staff and volunteers for all your hard work and technical support!  Thanks again to Aurifil for providing threads for all my workshops.  And thanks to OC Sewing for providing Viking sewing machines for student use, along with expert machine support from Viking educator, Deb North!!

Comments

  1. I saw some photos on Instagram but it's more fun to read details on your blog. Great class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy having the opportunity to share more pictures and info via my blog posts...and these Mod Mandalas were just fabulous!! Each is so unique and fun!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!