100 Days of Dice Doodles: Week 10 Update

This week's collection of Dice Doodles represents a range of emotions experienced over the week including anxiety, hope, distraction, beauty, elation, and strength. Thankfully these daily doodles have been a wonderful outlet for reflecting on these experiences and persevering...

66/100:

It's been another emotionally exhausting week of news. Just as my sense of hope started to fade, I listened to "Fight Song" written by Dave Bassett and Rachel Platten:
"I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion"
These lyrics certainly helped ignite my spirit along with a renewed hope for justice, good, and our democracy.


67/100:

Most of my day: "I have a bad feeling about this..." (Did you know this phrase is said in every Star Wars Film?!?)

This evening I channeled Leia through my mini Leia buns and closed out my day with this quote:
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
-Leia Organa, Star Wars: Episode VIII-The Last Jedi

68/100:

It's been a challenge to focus on my work and creativity. Most days I find myself pulled in different directions, spinning in circles, or coming to a complete stop. I am thankful for these evening stitch sessions to meditate...
"Knowing what to leave out is just as important as knowing what to focus on." -Warren Buffett

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."-Aristotle
Earlier in the day I participated in an online Dump Your Brain workshop with April Corbett. One of the first activities we did was to scribble out our stress/anxiety, etc. It felt great on paper and even better stitched out in thread! I recommend giving it a try!

69/100:

Kudos to the Quilt Alliance for organizing and hosting an absolutely wonderful Quilters Take a Moment online event! Both days were packed with uplifting quilting stories, inspiration, community, and opened with "What a "Wonderful World" playing in the background.
"I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world"
-Written by Bob Thiele and George Weiss, Performed by Louis Armstrong
And each day closed with a Dance It Out with staff, volunteers, and attendees dancing with their quilts. In case you missed this fun event, you can register to watch the recordings.

70/100:

Many thanks to my family, friends, and partner for helping me to overcome my writer's block, seasonal allergies, and recent news so I could meet my deadline! What a weight lifted off my shoulders as I hit submit!! Stay tuned for more information on this top secret project!!

71/100:

I loved going out to the archery range at summer camp. Of course it's hard to believe I was an archery instructor, especially since I once again missed my mark when filling in my 4" square tonight!! Oops!

72/100:

Pre-Covid, I struggled to maintain a plank pose in yoga. I could only do 10-15 seconds and then dropped down to my knees for a modified plank which was still very challenging! But over the past few months I have been working on building up my core strength and form. Today I did a full minute plank without breaking my form!! I felt so strong and fired up that I did 2 more minute planks, each with a super brief mid-minute break into downward facing dog.

I am pretty fired up about how this project is progressing...especially as I am approaching the 3/4 mark!! Thanks for joining me on this journey!!



Comments

  1. What a treat to watch these doodles develop. So many good memories and watchwords in your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann...time sure is flying by fast as I head into the home stretch. And I am already making notes as to what I might like to explore next...

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!