100 Days of Dice Doodles: Week 12 Update


This week's Dice Doodles captures a variety of inspiration and glimpses into my life...both the creative and quirkly sides!!

80/100:

As grad students we often went bowling in our spare time because that's how we rolled up in Plattsburgh, NY. Using scrap paper templates helped me strike a resemblance between my sketch and stitched doodles. Blue painter's tape was used in place of pins.

I thought about including some bowling puns, but I thought I would spare you!! 🤣

81/100:

These past few months has been an ongoing spiral of changes that continue to evolve. I am taking some time to regroup, reflect and figure out what comes next in both my creative and professional journeys...

82/100:

I am learning so much from Deborah Boschert in her amazing Captivating Compositions live, online class! This morning I drafted 8 fabric sketches and got so absorbed in the process that I just barely finished my homework in time for session 2! Tomorrow I will be fine tuning and stitching, including hand embroidery (Shocking! I know!) Here is a sneak peek of my landscape sketch which served as inspiration for today's FMQ doodle.

83/100:

“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you."
-Anne Lamott, American novelist and non-fiction writer
I spent a lovely afternoon and evening adding hand stitching to two small fiber art compositions. I added a bit of hand embroidery onto this block and foresee more meditative hand stitching in my future!!

84/100:

Tonight's doodle fun was inspired by my late night snack attack: a new bag of Funyons!
Please don't judge as:
1. I didn't consume the entire bag!
2. Those wonky rings make for a really fun design!!
3. I might have clipped a few of the thread tails in the really tight spaces, instead of tying a knot and burying them!
4. I definitely skipped filling in a small section in the initial Instagram post...which has since been stitched!

85/100:

These utility markings photographed along our morning walk route reminded me of the bands of color in Mark Rothko's paintings. This was fun to translate into a stitched composition/color study!
"To me art is an adventure into an unknown world, which can be explored only by those willing to take a risk."
-Mark Rothko, American painter
Hoping some of these marks indicate plans for some internet upgrades as the bandwidth has been under a lot of strain with so many people are working and learning from home.

86/100:

"Here I am, baby, oh oh
Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours
(You got my future in your hands)"

Writer(s): Wonder Stevie, Garrett Lee, Hardaway Lula Mae, Wright Syreeta
Date night tonight=Voting!!
Doug and I dined with our ballots, booklets, and computers to research the various candidates and measures that were included on the 2020 ballot. After double and triple checking that I signed on the proper lines and registering for ballot tracking, my ballot is heading out in tomorrow's mail to have my voice counted in the 2020 local, state, and Presidential election! I have since received email confirmation that my vote has been received and counted!!

Thanks for joining me this week...onto the homestretch in this 100 Day Project...

Comments