100 Days of Dice Doodles: Week 14 Update

 

Wow...time sure flies by when you are having fun...and these past 100 days have flown by thanks to 100 Days of Dice Doodles! Here is the final week's worth of stitched doodles with some insights about my inspiration and process...

94/100:

Pressing matters! What are your favorite pressing tips and/or irons to achieve a nice press while quilting?!?

This Shark iron has worked well for me for a number of years and I buy unscented Maryellen's Best Press by the gallon to refill smaller spray bottles.

I had a chance to use both to press all these fun Down on the Farm fabrics by Michael Miller Fabrics that just arrived in the mail. Sharing a sneak peek...stay tuned for this month's playful project!

95/100:

"Better to illuminate than merely to shine..."
-Thomas Aquinas
This spectacular light installation inspired today's dice doodle. This break room once contained a giant ball pit that could easily fit 3-4 adults!! Such a fun place to visit!!

96/100:

Today was a truly uplifting day filled with loving support, positive encouragement, generous information sharing, and inspiration. Thanks to all who lift me up along this journey... today, yesterday, and tomorrow! Y'all inspired this stitched doodle...
"You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be."
"You Raise Me Up", Sung by Josh Groban and written by Brendan Graham / Rolf Lovland

97/100:

Rocking this floral find from yesterday's morning walk. These discoveries are such wonderful gifts and make me smile.
"I have to get inspired by something that touches my soul, or rocks my soul."
-Steven Tyler, American singer, songwriter
"Geologists have a saying--rocks remember."
-Neil Armstrong, American astronaut and aeronautical engineer

Earlier that day I had a fabulous day filled with spectacular blooms in a Mod Molas & Bright Blooms workshop with the Conejo Valley Quilters. It was a floral fun kind of day!! 

98/100:

Today's craving was apple cider...which I like to pair with Cheetos Puffs (strange, I know, but try it!!) Unfortunately we were out of Cheetos, until our neighbor sent over some snack packs which included 2 bags of Cheetos Puffs! Mmmmm! I saved the second bag for tomorrow!!

Fun fact: The Cheetos website has 16 recipes using their products. While we now have 2 bags of Flamin'HOT Cheetos, I'm not sure I'll be trying their "Hot" Chocolate Shake recipe anytime soon...

It was fun to see the range of reactions to this Cheetos Puffs doodle post on Instagram. Some comments mentioned using forks and chopsticks to eat Cheetos, alternate beverage pairings, as well as new recipes involving Peanut Butter Sandwiches!

99/100:

Last night's strong winds left me feeling a bit adrift today... until I gained some perspective and focused on what changes I can effect.
"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
-Dolly Parton, American singer-songwriter

100/100:


No dice roll, as I challenged myself to incorporate all 6 dice inspirations into my 100th and final Dice Doodle:
🎲1=PhotoπŸ“Έ-Ribbons on my first serious sewing machine, plus a photo mosaic of all 100 Dice Doodles
🎲2=Music 🎢-Lyrics to "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang
🎲3=Text πŸ“-Celebration! and Yahoo!
🎲4=Event πŸ“†-Completing 100 Days of Dice Doodles!!
🎲5=Memories ⏳-Stitching a 10x10 grid and being intimidated by all those empty 4" squares!!
🎲6=Artist Choice πŸ˜€-This has been an amazing journey... thanks to all who joined the fun!!

Taking a few days off to celebrate and reflect...so be sure to check back for a Wrap Up & Reflections post with the bound and finished quilt reveal!! Until then...

"We're gonna have a good time tonight (Ce-le-bra-tion)
Let's celebrate, it's all right
We're gonna have a good time tonight (Ce-le-bra-tion)
Let's celebrate, it's all right"

"Celebration" Performed by Kool & The Gang, Songwriters: Eumir Deodato / Robert Bell / Dennis Thomas / Earl Toon / Robert Mickens / James Taylor / George Brown / Claydes Smith / Ronald D. Bell

Don't forget that registration is open for the the Virtual Quilt Show and I am excited to present new live, online 90-minute workshops including:
  • Design by Dice on Nov 10th, 4-5:30 PM CT; Add a playful twist of inspiration to your quilt designs through the use of dice! I'll introduce how I use dice to challenge myself and explore new design combinations in terms of color schemes, elements of art, design principles, block orientation, and quilting motifs. Then it will be your turn to roll the dice and play with these concepts through several hands-on exercises!
  • Road Map for Teaching Online Lectures and Workshops on Nov 11th, 6-7:30 PM CT (SOLD OUT!)
  • Road Map for Teaching Online Lectures and Workshops on November 13th, 4-5:30 PM CT (2nd Session Added!)
To learn more and register, please visit:  https://virtualquiltshow.com/portfolio/mel-beach/

Comments

  1. Your doodles are a treat. As Cheetos are my favorite junk treat, I loved that one. But Not Puffy ones, just the classic.
    And for my ironing tip: my reasons for pressing seams open:
    http://www.straw.com/equilters/library/techniques/SeamsOpen.html
    Mabry Benson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed these doodles and happy to know a fellow Cheetos fan...classic Cheetos are up there for me too! And thanks for sharing your pressing tips!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!