100 Days of Mark Making on Fabric: Week 10

This was another fun week of green mark making with some favorite new products, exciting techniques. and a total of 2 yards created this week!

64/100: Markers + Quadrilaterals

Using TomBow Dual Brush pens and EcoLine Brush Pen markers to create lots of little ticky tacky boxes in green while humming Malvina Reynolds' Little Boxes song in my head!

"Little boxes on the hillside
Little boxes made of ticky tacky
Little boxes on the hillside
Little boxes all the same"

While these boxed designs are not all the same...can you can spot how each design influenced the next?

65/100: Watercolors + Triangles


Usually I use aloe gel for sunburn relief...but tonight it helped blend green marks from Marabu Art Crayons into wavy, triangular, leafy designs. The transformation is unbeLEAFable!

66/100: Pens + Wavy Lines/Spirals


Using Gelly Roll pens to doodle alternating wavy lines and spirals to create this trio of designs. They started out simple with doorbead designs which morphed into an all-over pattern. The tight spirals started to remind me of roses, so I added some leaves! I guess everything is coming up roses today!

67/100: Markers + Straight Lines


I absolutely love mark making with these Ecoline Brush Pens!! They are super juicy, layer beautifully, and just flow across the Pimatex PFD fabric. These vibrant brush pens are so awesome that I may have ordered 40 more colors earlier this week!! Be prepared to see lots more mark making ahead using Ecoline Brush Pens!!

Until then, I hope you enjoy these radiating starburst designs. Initially I made one large starburst, then some smaller stars, then partial bursts/rays, then partial bursts turned into funky plants/palm trees?!? I was bursting with design ideas!!

68/100: Liquid Paints + Wavy Lines


Another beautiful sunny day called for some pole wrapped shibori! Instead of poles, I use these plastic cannisters that once contained decadent holiday snack mixes. The fabric was wrapped around the cannister and held in place with rubberbands and/or yarn spaced ~1" apart. As I reached the top, I scrunched it all down, followed by more wrapping and scrunching, until the entire fabric was scrunched.

Several green/analagous colors of Dye-Na-Flow and ProChem ProSilk & Fabric paints were poured onto the fabric to create bands of color. All that was left was to letting the sun work its magic on these painted shibori fabrics. The hardest part was waiting 2-3 hours to unwrap them...

Time for Shibori Show & Tell in these video reveals and photos below!  

Each fabric (approximately 15" x 22") was still pretty scrunched when it came off the cannister, but pressed out beautifully. Based on these spectacular results, I will definitely be revisiting this technique again as it was pretty much 3 hours start to finish with most of that time spent drying out in the sun!!

69/100: Pens + Artist's Choice


For those keeping tally, I've marked more than 26 yards of fabric as part of this creative journey! Here I am playing with Sakura's Identi-Pen and Micron Pens. I am looking forward to more mark-making magic ahead!!

70/100: Markers + Wavy Lines


Mad for wavy plaid!! And yes--I am officially in love with these Ecoline Brush Pens!

It's hard to believe that I've created 27 yards of mark-making magic!! This concludes my two weeks of green as I will be introducing a new color next!!!

Comments

  1. Watching your creativity blossom is enlightening. It's the process of creating every day but also the parameters you've set. Thanks for sharing this inspiring journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. This particular week led to a number of wonderful new discoveries in terms of mediums and techniques that have since been repeated! And there's still more to explore ahead!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!