100 Days of Mark Making on Fabric: Week 11


Heading into my blue phase of my 100 Days of Mark Making on Fabric. A little over 2 yards of pimatex prepared for dye fabric were marked this week using a fun assortment of techniques and mediums...

71/100: Textile Paints + Circles/Dots


Circling back to stamping with Color Shift acrylic paint and seeing how much the color changes with different backgrounds (in addition to different lighting conditions).

Let's play! Can you guess all 4 household items used to stamp these circular designs?
Hint: Two of the items were used twice to achieve very different marks.


Time to share the 4 household objects used in last night's mark-making fun...

Items used for stamping include Lego plates (both sides), carved wine corks, plastic fork, and a pen cap! How many did you guess correctly?!?

72/100: Artist's Choice + Wavy Lines


More pole-wrapped Shibori fun with Dye-Na-Flow and ProChem ProSilk & Fabric Paints! You can watch as I unwrap these gorgeous waves of blue for today's Artist's Choice (be sure to swipe for all 4 videos).

73/100: Markers + Artist's Choice


Celebrating and doing a happy dance for two reasons:
1. Received my first Pfizer vaccination shot today! In and out in less than 45 minutes thanks to the well-organized and friendly staff and volunteers working the clinic at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds!

2. And I received happy mail containing my order of Ecoline brush pens in lots of super yummy colors which I promptly sorted by color! Check out all the juicy colors that are included in my stash.

Since alcohol consumption is discouraged after receiving the vaccine, I celebrated with some evening mark-making magic!!

74/100: Pens + Straight Lines/Grid


Time for Tic Tac Toe inspired mark making using some of my favorite pens: Uniball Signo and Sakura Gelly Roll!

75/100: Markers + Triangles

Trying out some fun new triangle designs with Jacquard Tee Juice markers and Sakura Identipen.

76/100: Pens + Circles/Dots

Bubbling with excitement as I head into the 4th quarter of my 100 Days of Mark Making on Fabric Project!! Doodled some free-motion filler designs using Gelly Roll pens.

77/100: Textile Paints + Straight Lines/Grid


Welcome to my stamping ground! I made stamps using a cardboard box, Q-tips (with the cotton ends cut off), toothpicks, and blue painter's tape for a handle. 

Acrylic paint was brushed onto the surface using a foam paint brush:

  • The Q-tip stamp was used side-by-side, as well as overlapping by staggering the rows (top left and right photo).
  • The toothpick stamp was also stamped side-by-side, as well as overlapping perpendicular rows. (bottom left and right photo)


These patterned textures are all pretty amazing! I'd love to hear which is your favorite?!?

This week brings me up to a total of 29 yards of marked fabrics. I love seeing the rainbow emerge as each new color is added to the fabric grid!! Still a few more weeks to go!!


Comments

  1. I really believe you'll be designing fabric lines soon... and I'll buy a bunch. Great job, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you Ann. I have no idea where this creative journey will take me...but I sure am having a lot of fun creating these fabrics!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!