100 Days of Hand-Carved Stamps: Set Up and Goals


The 100 Day Project kicks off February 13th with thousands of people all around the world creating daily for 100 Days in all different artistic mediums: quilting, mixed media, dancing...anything and everything goes!! This will be my third time participating in #The100DayProject as I just love all the creative energy, connections, and camaraderie! 

Of course, I've got a fun new game plan lined up for the next 100 days...drum roll please...100 Days of Hand-Carved Stamps!!

My goal for the next 100 days is to create one or more hand-carved stamps each day while exploring different shapes and themes. Each day I will roll a pair of dice to determine the starting shape (circles/arcs, leaves, triangles, squares, skinny/rectangles, and Artist's Choice) and source of design inspiration (lines, text, nature, pattern/repetition, repeat patterns, and Artist's Choice) for creating one or more hand-carved stamps.

In preparation for the kick off I've gathered supplies and resources for success:
  • Speedy carve blocks in a variety of sizes and shapes (although I have a feeling I may need to order more at some point to get me through all 100 days)
  • My linoleum carving tools, Xacto knives, ruler, and pencil
  • Journal, paper, notecards, and potentially prepared for dye fabric
  • Ink pads and paints
  • I am signed up for two more stamp carving classes in March/April with Ali of 3 Dotted Penguins: Repeat Patterns Deep Dive 1 and her NEW Nautical & Sea life Inspired class
  • Plus I've been gathering design inspiration from library books, Pinterest, and in my Pattern Motifs and Flower & Plant Motifs books.
I'll be posting my hand-carved stamp(s) and stamped designs daily on Instagram, as well as a weekly wrap up blog post here.

There's still time to choose a project and join the 100 Day Project!! There are lots of wonderful resources and FAQs on the 100 Day project website.



 


Comments

  1. Looks like a fun thing. Thanks for showing all supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am having so much fun with this new daily creative adventure. Happy to share my process as I learn and grow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!