Jewels that Sparkle Punch

I fell madly in love with Elizabeth Hartman's (Oh Fransson! blog author) Sparkle Punch Quilt and set out in January to cut up squares as part of her Quilt Along...but this is the only phase that I stayed on schedule...
All from my stash to a big pile of pink, purple, blue and teal 3.5" squares...
To my design wall...and design floor!
To a finished quilt--say hello "Jewels that Sparkle Punch"
Centerish star is the inspiration for fabric/color selections.
I finished this baby just hours before my quilt guild meeting show and tell.  It was a mad dash wrapping up the quilting and binding...but I made it and got quite a few positive comments from fellow guild members.

You can see the random straignt lines of quilting...accomplished many thanks to lots of blue painter's tape.  They truly are random...I just placed the tape down and went to the other side of the quilt edge and sewed alongside...and kept going until I was satisfied with the density of quilted lines. 









I originally hadn't planned on using the same backing pattern as in the Quilt Along.  But when I realized I only used 4 colors (blue, pink, purple and teal) it seemed appropriate to do the quartered backing with white stars (negative of the front).



And used one of the stars as my quilt label!








I might be keeping this quilt...as I absolutely love it.  And it is a perfect fit for our upcoming guild's quilt show theme:  Shower of Stars!

Comments