Happy belated birthday!

I was a naughty daughter and did not have my mother's birthday gift/package ready in time for her birthday...tsk tsk!  But now that she received her belated birthday gift--I can share pics!

Its a colorful Midi Bag by Quiltsmart.  This pattern is very similar to the Mondo bag in terms of design, construction, but a bit smaller with an 8" square bottom.  I selected the lining fabric first--as she loves red.  And then I went to my stash/scraps for 2.5" squares.  I started with an assortment of reds, yellows, greens and blues...but when I went to lay out the pattern--it seemed so drab.  So I picked out some leftover teals from my Mondo bag and boy did they provide that needed sparkle!  I also added two inner pockets for additional storage...and of course a handy key fab.  It really is a fun and colorful bag!

I am pleased to say she set about transferring her pocketbook contents to her new Midi bag within 5 minutes of opening her package and putting it to good use!

Comments