UFO Stash: Black and White Slashed Four Patch

My UFO's are lurking everywhere, including our hallway, where two UFO quilt tops have been hanging for almost 2 years now.  Both quilt tops were started more than 3 years ago, while still living in NY.  Out of the blue, I woke up this past Sunday and decided it was time to tackle the "Slashed Four Patch," a 4 Patch Fun pattern from Patchwork Quilting magazine.

Not sure what prompted this renewed energy to resume working on this UFO, but I promptly took it down and started pulling out fabrics to audition for possible borders.  After auditioning more than 10 different fabrics and not thrilled about any of the combinations, I questioned whether the quilt even needed borders.  I dug out the original pattern ripped out years ago, and realized the pattern never called for any borders.  So this settled it...no borders!  But I was able to use some of those pulled fabrics for the backing and binding...and set to work layering/basting the quilt and working out a plan for quilting.  I kept it simple and did a series of lines that created stars at each intersection.

I especially love the binding...its truly a magical fabric that appears to be glowing and radiating around all four sides.  It especially pops against the bright green backing fabric.

I finished the last few binding stitches this morning, and was able to capture some pictures at work during my lunch break inside one of the dog parks. 

After 4-5 years, I am happy to say this quilt is quilted and complete!  Woo hoo! 






                What's black, white and bright?!?                              You're next...on my UFO tackle list!

Comments