Fat Quarter Frenzy

These are a few of my favorite things
After some intense quilting sessions, lots of late nights and early mornings, I finished and submitted my Farm to Fabric Challenge quilt entry with just 6 hours until the deadline.  Phew!  Since I can't share pictures of my quilt entry, I will instead share some pictures of recently acquired pretties...

Each month, our guild hosts a Fat Quarter Frenzy, with a fun new theme posted each month for members to bring one or more fat quarters to be entered to win a bundle of fat quarters.  August's theme was Batiks, so I brought 2 fat quarters and was delighted to hear my name drawn to win half of the batiks collected.

Skippy's not too impressed to be wearing a cone of shame or the fun bundle in front of him.
Not bad for one night's loot!
And shortly after my name was called, my friend Tiffany had her name drawn to win one of the Lucky Day Baskets containing dog-themed fabrics and patterns.  Hot diggity dog did we have some extraordinary luck in the front row!

And our guest speaker, Sherri Lynn Wood shared some fabulous improv quilts featuring mostly solid fabrics.  I was so inspired by her talk, improv techniques and trunk show that I purchased some solid fabrics this weekend and can't wait to start cutting into them (sans ruler) for some improv quilting fun!!

Comments