2014 PIQF Part 3: Shopping!!

What quilt show is complete without a few purchases here and there?!?  With over 300 vendors, there were lots and lots of temptations.
Purchases for Fun New Projects:  Patterns, Stencils, Threads and Needles!

A little Fabric therapy--including some gorgeous Cherrywood Fabric!!
Wednesday night was Preview Night at PIQF, open only to workshop attendees. It was a real treat to have entire booths to yourself for stress-free shopping.  After checking out some quilts, I made sure to set aside some time to visit the Cherrywood booth who was offering a 10% discount Wednesday night only.  I also popped by Superior Threads to load up on some fun new threads and needles.  And of course over the next few days, I picked up some fabric, books, a few patterns and stencils to get a jump start on some fun new projects for 2015.

The most exciting purchase was a new carrier case for my travelling sewing machine.  For the past 4 years, I've been managing with a simple Harbor Freight tool bag that I picked up for a bargain price of $35.  But this past year, it has been showing some signs of wear and tear and I was afraid my machine wasn't as safe stowed inside.  So it was time to upgrade and I had been checking out the Tutto bags for some time now.  So I picked up a travelling bag for my machine as well as a matching bag to transport my projects, fabric, tools etc to my classes and workshops.  I had so much fun loading the Brother machine into its bright teal Tutto bag and discovering all the fun features and storage pockets.  I can't wait to arrive in style (and have everything well-organized) for my next workshop!

Home Sweet Home for my Brother Sewing Machine

Comments