Block Party: Disappearing 9-Patches


Each month, my guild hosts a block party in which members are invited to make one or more blocks
using that month's block pattern.  Its been well over a year since I last participated, but this month was the Disappearing Nine Patch featuring black and white prints with a pop of color.

I pulled from my collection of 5" scrap charms and cut them down into the 4" blocks per the pattern.






The 4" squares were sewn into basic 9-patches with the pop of color in the center block.









Each 9-patch was then sliced into half vertically and horizontally--forming 4 quadrants which were then shuffled and reassembled into the Disappearing Nine Patch blocks.  It was fun playing around with my four finished blocks into different layouts.



Finished Disappearing 9 Patches
 
Here are my blocks among some of the other blocks made by fellow members.  For each block we make, our name is entered to win the entire collection of blocks turned in.  




Alas, my name was not drawn.  I can't wait to see them all assembled into a quilt top by the winner...as they will surely make for a fabulous quilt!

Comments