This Season's Hottest Sewing Accessories

This week, I added two new quilt-related projects and accessories to my repertoire!  

First up is sewing Infinity Scarves!  I've been admiring these scarves for some time, but always mystified by the various instructions I've seen posted online.  So I was excited to learn that two of our talented members would be leading a demonstration for our January Quilting 101.  L Wilkinson and S Frieson did a fantastic job of leading the demonstration and showing us just how easy it is to whip up these quick, easy, yet fashionable Infinity Scarves.          
Fashionable SCVQA Members Modelling Their New Infinity Scarves
I too joined the Infinity Fun, which continued as I whipped up several more at home using a fun range of fabrics and prints.  I definitely see many, many more Infinity Scarves in my future...and perhaps my family & friends future too (hint-hint!)
Infinity Scarf and Beyond!
Trio of Fabric Baskets

Next up was Quilt As You Go Fabric Baskets!  A friend tipped me off to a class being offered on making Quilt As You Go Fabric Baskets.  I eagerly reserved my spot and we met up the day before to prep and cut the fabrics needed for class (again--super eager that we each prepped to make three baskets!!).  The morning of the workshop, I woke up feeling a bit sick, but I powered through and ended up having a blast learning how to make these adorable quilted fabric baskets!!  During the 2.5 hour class, I was very close to finishing two baskets, and once home, completed my trio of adorable fabric baskets!  

These baskets are not only super quick and easy to make, but they are perfect for using scraps!!  Now that I've mastered the basket basics, I am ready to experiment with different sizes, quilting and more!!  

I've already had a special request for a Lego or Train themed fabric basket...but we won't mention any names!

Taking classes is always so much fun, as I love learning new tricks and techniques.  I just hope my family and friends will enjoy being the benefactors of these new skills!

Later this month, I am signed up for a class on zippered pouches, which should be loads of fun!!  I cannot wait!!

Comments