Lucky Month

Rarely do I win contests or drawings...but this past month or so, I have had some luck on my side...

Random Drawing Winnings
-My "Binary Log Cabin" quilt won 3rd place in the Log Cabin category as part of the "A Focus Through the Prism" challenge series display in Sun Prairie, WI.  You can see all the quilts that placed here.

-While my "Mystical Mandala" did not receive the most votes in the Project Quilting's "All About Thread" challenge, it did earn me an entry into the drawing to win Random Prizes from Persimmon Dreams.  I was super excited to learn that my name was drawn to receive a mini box of Aurifil threads from Jennifer Sampou's collection!!  I had a chance to see Jennifer Sampou speak at QuiltCon and she is just fabulous!!  And I do love working with Aurifil threads! 

Viewer's Choice Winnings
-And in the final round of Project Quilting, my "Sunrise & Sunset" quilt did receive the most votes and earned "Viewer's Choice" for the Monkey Wrench challenge round.  This was a huge honor, and also came with another mini box of Aurifil threads and a set of Project Quilting pins to commemorate my participation!  Many thanks to all who voted!  

-Last but not least, my Midnight Mystery Quilt Along quilt top was drawn to win  semi-dense all-over quilting from Jan's Among the Groves quilting services!  Unfortunately, I had already started to quilt my Mystery Quilt top, but I was able to submit a comparable sized quilt top to be quilted, so I sent off an improvisational quilt top made from UFO Exchange leftover scraps!  I had already pin basted it, but figured it would be way faster for me to remove the pins and send out for quilting, rather than wait for turn in my growing quilting queue!  The quilt backing, batting and top went out in this week's post and I can't wait to see how Jan transforms it with quilted texture!  I will be sure to post pics once it's back and bound!

What a lucky month (or two) for me and my quilts!!

Comments