Best of 2017: Blog Posts

As the new year rapidly approaches, I enjoy taking some time to reflect on the past year:  successes, challenges and unexpected surprises!  Let's start by revisiting some of my favorite blog posts from 2017 as part of Meadow Mist Designs' Best of 2017 Linky Party!!   Some sample criteria for choosing our top 5 blog posts included:
  • Posts that had the highest number of views and/or comments
  • Posts that provoked the best discussions
  • Posts that showcased our favorite finishes, tutorials or were simply our favorites!
With almost 100 Blog Posts to choose from this year, it was hard to narrow the list down...but here are my top 5 Blog Posts from 2017 along with some commentary as to why they were selected:

1.  Cre8 & Medit8 (Most Comments)
This quilt was made for the kick off challenge for Season 8 of Project Quilting:  8 is Great.  During the construction of this quilt, I was excited about the many design possibilities of using bias tape applique to create Modern Mandalas.  Based on the number of comments and votes, I reworked the design and created an exciting new workshop:  Mod Mandalas!


2.  Fireworks Mod Mandala (Most Views)
Fireworks is my patriotic version of my revised Mod Mandalas design and was revealed on Independence Day.  I love how this design sparkles and shines with the red & white bias tape applique and stars & stripes quilting motifs!


3.  Free Stylin', Spiralin' & Flyin' Geese (Runner Up to Most Views)
This quilt is proof that I often do my best work under pressure (looming deadline, shortage of fabric & thread!!)  While it did not get juried into QuiltCon, it generated a lot of views and comments!!  I had so much fun working with those yummy ombre fabrics, improvisationally pieced spirals & thread play!!


4.  CYMK Interleave (2nd Runner Up Most Views)
Intriguing Interleaves continues to be one of my most popular workshop offerings.  CYMK is one of my newest (and most favorite) workshop samples and seemed to be a favorite based on the number of blog views!!


5.  TQS Filming (My Favorite Post)
Being invited to be a Featured Artist on The Quilt Show, starring Alex Anderson & Ricky Tims was a dream come true!!  The TQS crew are all just amazing and the morning taping session in La Veta, CO flew by at record speed.  But I still managed to capture some fun behind the scenes photos from this amazing adventure.  

Many thanks to Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs for hosting Best of 2017 Linky Party!!

Stay tuned for more of my favorite reflections from 2017!!

Comments

  1. Beautiful finishes, you had a very full 2017. Thanks for linking up and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl...it certainly has been a creative and fun-filled year...making for some fun reflections. Thanks for hosting the link up party and providing us with one more opportunity to celebrate 2017!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!