Fallbrook Intriguing Interleaves Inductees

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of visiting the Fallbrook Quilt Guild for a Challenge Yourself! lecture/trunk show and an Intriguing Interleaves workshop. Below is the fabulous workshop space complete with plenty of light, table space, and most importantly, a fun and eager, group of quilters!!
Intriguing Interleaves in Progress

Here are just a few of the in-progress Interleave quilts and their starting strip sets...and I sure hope to receive more finished pics via email (hint hint!)
Winter Holiday Cheer

Bright and Cheerful Batiks

Bold Solids

Vibrant Solids

During my visit, I had the chance to visit Visions Art Museum and see Katie Pasquini Mosopust's spectacular Cadenze exhibit.  I really enjoyed seeing how she has reinvented her style by working on several different series. Each piece drew me closer and closer: let's just say my nose was as close as possible without getting into trouble with the museum docent! Seeing each piece in person and up close helped me to better appreciate all the detail work and textures Katie incorporates into each piece through fabric selections and her quilting.

Afterwards, we visited Rosie's Calico Corner, which was well-stocked with beautiful quilting fabrics in every colorway and style imaginable!!  I showed great restraint and picked out a few fun fabric selections (top right picture below). I also enjoyed running my hands through their treasure chest of buttons (left pics below)!!  On the way back to Fallbrook, we took a detour through Temecula to visit Needle in a Fabric Stash, which specializes in modern fabrics--a few of which just had to come home with me!! (pictured bottom right).
San Diego Area Fabric Shopping

 During my visit, I saw this bridge several times and finally snapped a picture en route to the airport.

Many thanks to Collette and Betty for being absolutely amazing hosts!!  Thank you to the entire Fallbrook Quilt Guild for a warm welcome and a fabulous weekend of quilting fun!

Comments

  1. You always have fun... and your students do, too. Congrats on the new Interleave Inductees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do have lots of fun teaching. Too much fun that I oftentimes forget to take more pictures!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!