Quilting in the Garden 2018


This weekend, Doug and I drove up to Livermore, to check out Quilting in the Garden, held at Alden Lane Nursery.  This is one of my favorite quilting venues.  I just love seeing all the quilts on display, hanging among the old Oak trees.

This year, Eleanor Burns was one of the featured artists and demonstrated a number of techniques and tools over the course of the day.  I really admire her spirit and ability to engage her audience. 

There was so much beautiful  inspiration from colorful combinations, to shapes, lines and textures!!
Floral Finds

And while Mother Nature certainly does a brilliant job of providing plenty of color and design inspiration, the Alden Lane Nursery staff know how to create spectacular visual displays equally well!!
Carefully Curated Collections Compliments of the Alden Lane Nursery Crew

And they always sprinkle in some whimsical fun for good measure!!
Do You Gnome Me?!?  Does this Purple Hat Look Udderly Ridiculous on Me?!?

I've already marked the 2019 Quilting in the Garden dates in my calendar: September 28th and 29th!!  I hope to see you there!

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to attend that show but have either been out of town or had previous engagements. Every year. Sigh.
    Glad you and Doug were able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I encourage you to mark your calendar now for 2019...as it is a really beautiful venue!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!