NYC Museum of Illusions

Getting a Whole New Perspective at the Musuem of Illusions

For my last night in NYC, I opted to check out the Museum of Illusions.  It was a 25 minute walk which allowed me to stretch my legs and explore the area.  As I approached the address, I was met with a fairly long admissions line stretched halfways down the block.  To help pass the time, entertainment was provided by @thecloseupartist who performed a number of magic tricks that left everyone in awe!

Once inside, there were illusions of all kind on display...many of which were interactive.  Some were mounted on the walls with information about the illusion and its origin.
Modern Quilting Inspiration?

Several of the exhibits were a matter of perspective from the subject at hand...
Chair Deconstructed

Quite a few involved a good look in the mirror...
Where Is the Real Mel Beach?!?

Lights, Camera, Action!
Ta Done!!

And that concludes my visit to NYC!!

Comments

  1. Great Stories Mel! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to share my adventures--especially when they are packed with some fun detours!!!

      Delete
  2. My kind of things. Very nice. Thanks. Like especially the chair. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christa!! It was a fun museum experience. The chair was right in the front lobby---made for a fun start to my visit!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!