Pairing of Party Peace Quilts

Party Peace, 23" x 23"




As I worked on my Project Quilting 10.2: Red, White and Blue entry, I pieced together a larger quilt top.  While at Road to California, I found the perfect backing fabric and couldn't wait to return home to finish the larger companion quilt.  For the quilting, Aurifil 50wt in White (#2024) was used to outline each abstract peace sign, as well as stitch out stars in the blue sections and stripes into the red patches.  The combinations of textures play beautifully together!
Quilt Top, Quilting and Preview of the Quilt Back

Here are some pictures of the quilt back and that fabulous red, white, and blue peace sign print purchased at Road to California!!
Back for Peace

And now my duo of Party Peace quilts are complete!!
Party Peace 1 and 2

Comments

  1. The perfect backing and quilting designs. I've quilted stars before but finally figured out how you did this without duplicate lines. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann...yes I am really pleased at how it all came together. And those stars are super fun to quilt and you end up right back where you first started!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!