Free Motion Quilting Fun with East Bay Heritage Quilters


What an absolute JOY to spend an entire day with the fabulous East Bay Heritage Quilters for lots of Free Motion Quilting FUN!!!  The day kicked off with my new Modern Free Motion Fillers & Fun workshop.  As always, I like to start the workshop by gauging everyone's comfort and experience with free motion quilting and much to my delight, nearly half the class had none or very little experience with free motion quilting!  After a short warm up and pep talk, everyone was stitching away on their machines. 

What fun to walk around the room and seeing everyone's fat quarter sandwiches fill up with gorgeous, modern textures!!  It was so hard to resist the urge to simply pet everyone's stitched samplers...and I confess that I had several weak moments over the course of the day!!  I mean seriously--how stunning are these stitched samplers?!? 
Stunning Stitched Samplers

Simply Irristable Quilted Textures

Spectacular Free Motion Quilting

And A Few More Stellar Samplers!!

Everyone made such wonderful progress over the course of the day as they doodled away, refilled bobbins, fun filling up one or more fat quarter sandwiches with all the different design variations!!  Experienced quilters added lots of new designs to their quilting repertoire, and I especially loved seeing the huge strides made by those new to free motion quilting!! 

After recharging over some delicious sizzling rice soup at Long Life Vegihouse, it was round 2 for free motion fun at the evening meeting.  Prior to the start of the meeting, I enjoyed connecting with several members (and a few familiar faces) as they perused the quilts up on stage, along with a few sneak peaks of my piles of CREA-TV and Reality trunk show quilts.  At least one workshop attendee went home and quilted her second quilt sandwich of the day!!  At the conclusion of the trunk show, my quilts filled up 3 large tables which were surrounded by EBHQ members taking a closer look (I regret not taking a picture!!)   
Ready for Free Motion CREA-TV and Reality Lecture/Trunk Show

Many thanks to my hosts Lynn, Claire, and Orna, and the entire East Bay Heritage Quilters guild for the warm welcome and an absolutely wonderful day of Free Motion Quilting FUN!!

Comments