Meet the Modern Mandala Makers of Westside Quilters

Mod Mandala Mosaic
I had the pleasure of flying down to Los Angeles to teach Mod Mandalas for the Westside Quilters.  Everyone received the VIP experience and created some truly spectacular Mod Mandalas.
Grey with Yellow & Teal Rays

Coral & Black (with Sparkles)

Vibrant Violet Background with Bold Red and Yellow

Soothing Earth Tones

Aboriginal Prints & Electric Accents

By the end of the day, everyone finished their first Mod Mandala quadrant!
Westside Quilters' Modern Mandala Makers

My fabulous host Pat toured me around the LA area, including an afternoon walk along the Venice Beach Boardwalk, where we took in the local beach scene including a variety of local artists displaying their work, and skateboarders performing tricks at the skateboard park.
Mel Beach at Venice Beach

After our 2-3 mile beach walk, we worked up an appetite and headed to Beverly Hills to meet up with my overnight host extraordinaire, Barbara.  After I dropped off my luggage, we walked around the block to check out the Beverly Hills shopping and dining scene.  After dinner, Barbara took me for a driving tour of Rodeo Drive for some truly spectacular window shopping and a walk-through of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel to admire their exquisite floral displays. 
Beverly Wilshire Display

After the workshop, we popped by the Sew Together Stitching Lounge en route to LAX.  We were greeted by the shop pup, Otto--a friendly German Shephard and I picked up a few modern prints to add to my stash.

Many thanks to my fabulous hosts, Pat & Barbara, and to all the Westside Quilters for the wonderful LA welcome!!
LA Nature Scene

Comments