Best of 2019 Blog Posts

As 2020 approaches, I enjoy taking some time to reflect over the past year of quilting adventures. Let the annual review begin with Meadow Mist Design's Best of 2019 Linky Party! Bloggers are invited to share our top posts of 2019 and check out all the other amazing blogger participants!

Our Best 5 posts can be selected using a variety of criteria including number of views, comments, favorite finishes, or simply our favorites.

Having written nearly 70 posts this year, it was difficult limiting myself to just 5 blog posts. For the most part, I started with those posts that had higher number of views and narrowed down the list from there.  So without further ado...I present my Best 5 Posts:
1. 5 Reasons to Say Woo Hoo! to School Glue
What a delight to showcase 5 tips for using Elmer's School Glue in my quilting. This was my first time participating in a Blog Hop, and I enjoyed connecting with lots of new readers and celebrating our mutual love of Elmer's School Glue!

2. Modern Kawandi Making
After seeing traditional Kawandi style quilts on display at the International Quilt Study Center & Museum, I was inspired to try making one from my pile of scraps. You can see how I honored this traditional style of quiltmaking while adding my own modern twists.

3. Back to Basics with Michael Miller Fabrics: FMQing FUN Composition Book
This year I added a new FMQing workshop (Modern Free Motion Fillers & FUN!) along with a new Free Motion CREA-TV & Reality lecture/trunk show. Learning to free-motion quilt is no different than learning to read and write, and so I turned to my Elementary School days for inspiration on using Michael Miller fabrics to construct a Composition Notebook that showcases my favorite, modern filler designs!

4. Summer FUN with Michael Miller's I Need a Vacation Fabric Collection
In honor of Michael Miller's mission of Making It Fun!, I kicked off the summer by designing a set of travel-friendly, reversible games for the entire family! These games traveled around to different parks for some fun photo shoot sessions, as well as to my guild's Summer Camp program.

5. Sew Fruity Fun with Michael Miller Fabrics: Fruity Mandala
In my post Yoga Zen, I returned to my studio, surrounded myself with stacks of carefully cut out fruity motifs from Michael Miller's Fruit Toss print, and proceeded to improvisationally lay out a mandala design! I am so glad I remembered to pause and take pictures of the evolving design!

And there you have my Best of 2019! Thanks to Cheryl for hosting for the 5th year!! And thank you for joining me in celebrating 5 of my favorite blog posts from 2019. Join me later this week as I reflect more on my 2019 quilting adventures and share my quilting/creative goals for 2020.

For more quilting inspiration, be sure to check out other quilters' Best of 2019 posts. And I hope you will consider linking up and sharing your own personal favorite blog posts!!

Comments

  1. Love that Kawandi quilt and now I want to make one. We sold scarves and blankets in the store I work in at one point. They were so beautiful and now I want to make a quilt myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I wasn't entirely sure of the process but I am really pleased with how it turned out! I encourage you to give it a try!!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea those games are. Love love love that fruity mandala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those games were as much fun to design and create, as to play! And I am rather fond of my fruity mandala which has since been dubbed Carmen Miranda's Mandala.

      Delete
  3. The Kawandi quilt is so unique. I now want to make one, too. Your post on using Elmer's School glue was interesting and very useful. 'Never thought of any of those uses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try making a Kawandi quilt...I've been wanting to make another!! I hope you try incorporating Elmer's School Glue into your work...I was using it just last night!

      Delete
  4. Great finishes, I love the fruit mandala! That is so innovative and I loved seeing the time lapse on how it got put together. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl...the fruit mandala is one of my favorite finishes from this past year! I am glad I paused long enough to take process photos so others could experience how they come together!

      Delete
  5. I now realize I saw your summer play post through some other rabbit hole I was following earlier this year. This was before I met you at Emerald Valley Quilters in Eugene a few months ago. I love a retrospective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those rabbit holes sure take us all over the internet with lots of interesting discoveries along the way. Glad you saw the summer post and that we had a chance to meet in Eugene in November! May our paths cross again soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!