100 Day Project: Week 10 Update

Week 10 Blocks # 64-70

Have no fear: my 100 Day Project continues!! While I have been diligently creating one block each day as inspired by a roll of the dice, I have fallen behind in my weekly reviews. You'll notice that I've continued incorporating quotes with most of my daily designs. This has been an added challenge, as well as a way to help capture some of the meditations flowing through my design process. So without further ado...here is a review of Blocks #64 - 70.
64/100

  • Strips (aka lines) of cool aquas were layered and nestled to create this radiating design. The repeat pattern creates movement which flows out from the bottom left corner, as well as cascading from top left to bottom right.  
  • "Water is the driving force of all nature." -Leonardo DaVinci
65/100

  • Small metallic silver squares were placed inside hand-dyed squares ranging from light grey to black to create a framed effect. The squares were laid out in a pathway starting in the top left corner and meandering towards the large X in the bottom right corner.  
  • "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost."-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
66/100

  • I worked on this block's design in between trips back and forth to the Emergency Room (which may have prompted the plus sign)
  • Light to dark red-orange strips bounce back and forth between the complementary blue-green nodes. 
  • "Opposites attract..."
67/100

  • Varying orange prints were layered and fused into a strata set. Strips were cut from the newly fused strata and laid out in a cascading pattern. Darker orange squares were added to emphasize the central wave pattern.
  • "The process of writing is like creating a game of dominoes: The first domino creates the second incident, and so forth until the end." -Asghar Farhadi, Iranian film director, screenwriter, and two-time Academy Award winner.
  • Hmmm... swap out the word writing and this very much applies to improv quilting too!!
68/100

  • Light to dark pink fairy frost fabrics were combined with a black and white polka dotted batik. A pebble pathway is surrounded by contrasting zig zags and wavy lines.
  • "I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!" -J.M. Barrie, Author of Peter Pan
69/100
  • Cool purple wedges alternate along both sides of the warm yellow wavy lines. They reminded me of the beautiful wisteria vines.
  • "In pale moonlight/the wisteria's scent/comes from far away." - Yosa Buson, Japanese poet
70/100

  • Warm yellows, greens, and turquoise fairy frost prints make up this analogous color scheme. 
  • The large hearts are lined up diagonally with echoed lines radiating out from each heart. Not sure if the hearts draw the focus or the radiating lines?!?
  • A partial rainbow was created in honor of today's US Supreme Court ruling to protect millions of LGBTQ workers' rights.
And here you have blocks #1-70. I hope to catch up on my weekly reviews, but until then, you can check out all the daily designs by dice via Instagram: @melbeachquilts
Blocks 1-70

Comments

  1. So many ideas here! I don't see an X on #65. I see a rosary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great visual reference...very fun! And the ideas keep rolling... ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!