NYC Color Factory


In preparation for my NYC visit, I was able to score a ticket to The Color Factory.  I had missed the opportunity to see it in San Francisco, but was super excited to learn the NYC version would overlaps with my visit.  While I had seen some photographs, I truly had no idea what to expect. 

Many thanks to my friend Betsy, for helping me to navigate the subway system--she literally walked me to the subway terminal and made sure I got on the right train!!  Thanks to Betsy's navigational assistance, I arrived early with time to explore the colorful lobby prior to my ticketed orientation.  Upon arrival, I was immediately drawn the breathtaking "100 Colors" installation above the coat check area. 
"100 Colors" by Emmanuelle Moureaux

The Color Factory is an interactive color exhibit featuring color stories designed by different artists to engage all your senses.  As you walked from room to room, you are transported to an all new color palette and related activities to experience color in a fun new way.  Whether it is an ombre painted room filled with ombre colored balls that swirled around you or a wall filled with colorful buttons...nearly every room was saturated with color! 
Color Stories

In several of the rooms, color was created through light, including the Orientation Room where we each took a seat on a colorful circle.
Let There Be Light & Bright Colors

The one exception was in Molly Young's "Secret Colors" room, where each attendee discovered their secret color by participating in a series of black & white questions that took you through a flowchart around the room and through one of 6 or 7 doors where your secret color was revealed.  Thank you science for revealing my secret color:  Thriller Jacket!
Secret Color Reveal

Several of the rooms incorporated colorful treats as well including colorful macaroons, a cool blue gelato, complementary candies, mochi and a rasberry spritzer (last two were consumed before I was able to snap a picture).
Technicolor Treats

Even the restrooms sparkled with glitter!  Glittery toilet seat, walls and floor!  Luckily there wasn't a waiting line so I could snap a few pictures!
Bathroom that Sparkles!

The final room featured a humongous and very cool blue colored ball pit.  The pictures below do not do justice to the size of the real deal!
Cool Blue Ball Pit

What an awesome evening!!  I recommend signing up for their mailing list to stay posted on future events and ticket sales...as this is one event you do not want to miss!!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh….this looks like so much fun…..happy you could experience it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun!! What a great way to experience different color palettes through all the senses!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was a fun way to experience color through all the various senses!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!