SCVQA Quilt Show--May 4th and 5th!

The Santa Clara Valley Quilt Association, my local quilt guild, will be having our biennial quilt show, Quilts Celebrating Creativity on May 4 and 5, 2019.

This show features hundreds of quilts on display, demonstrations, 25+ vendors, raffle prizes and special exhibits by two amazing featured quiltersTherese May and Randa Mulford. Our association is very diverse and you will see all forms of quilts, from traditional to modern, large bed quilts to small art pieces, and every technique you can imagine on display.

I am excited to have four of my own quilts on display and just finished stitching on quilt sleeves and paper labels.
Final Quilt Show Prearations:  Sleeves and Paper Labels

Here is a fun preview of my quilts that will be on display:

Cherry-Go-Round, started in a SCVQA hosted workshop with the fabulous Freddy Moran.
Cherry Go Round, 54" x 54"

Hippie Daze, which combines my own hand dyed fabrics, free motion quilting (lots of fun pebble designs), Mod Mola cutwork, and a tribute to my Peace, Love & Happiness mantra!
Hippie Daze, 44" x 44"

Rainbow Hex Code, which will be included in the Handwork exhibit as all the flowers are english paper pieced and hand appliqued, as well as hand stitched binding.  Of course, the piecing and free motion quilting is all done on the machine!
Rainbow Hex Code, 50" x 50"

And I will have one more quilt included in the How Do You Celebrate? Quilt Challenge collection, which I will share a sneak peek in the next week or so!

I hope you get a chance to check out the creativity, beauty and fun of quilting that will be on display.

The show hours are Saturday May 4th 10 am to 5pm and Sunday May 5th 10 am to 4pm, at the Santa Clara Convention Center Hall A. 5001 Great American Parkway, Santa Clara. Admission is $12, children 12 and under are free.  Advanced tickets can be purchased for $10 at:


More information can be found at http://scvqaquiltshow.org/

Comments

  1. My goal today is to get those paper labels on. Your quilts look wonderful here. It will be fun to see them in person soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those paper labels can be a bit tricky to stitch through!! I was very tempted to just glue them on!! Should make for a fabulous quilt show showcasing our members' talents!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I am delighted you took the time and thought to leave me a comment. It may take a day or two for your comment to appear as I moderate them prior to posting to filter out spam and inappropriate content. Cheers!