Part 2 of QuiltCon 2018: Goodies

QuiltCon would not be possible without the support of the amazing sponsors and vendors!!  Luckily I remembered to save some extra room in my suitcase for all the SWAG and fun purchases.  Ok, I confess:  I actually brought a larger than needed suitcase (although at one point I seriously considered packing a smaller suitcase inside of another as Southwest Airlines allows 2 checked luggage for free!)

While I did not score one of the Goodie bags distributed to the first 1,000 MQG members who registered for QuiltCon, I still left with some fun goodies:

  • Moda 2.5" Charm Pack
  • Riley Blake Confetti Cottons Color Cards & Tote Bag
  • ColorWorks solid black fabric sample
  • Michael Miller fabrics to create a 6.5" block to be incorporated into a community quilt
  • Jennifer Sampous fabric charms
  • Juki button
  • Olfa utility knife
  • And a fun Respect the Power Tool sticker

QuiltCon SWAG

Many of the QuiltCon attendees swapped buttons.  I had good intentions of designing and ordering buttons to participate in the swapping, but I did not get my act together in time.  Many thanks to those who provided me with some bling for my name tag!
Button Bling

And since I had some extra room in my suitcase to fill, I picked up a few fun finds from the Vendor Hall:

  • Hobbs Batting Samples:  Silk/Polyster blend, Cotton/Wool blend, 100% wool, all new Cotton Supreme and 80/20 in black
  • Quilts Dream batting 
  • Improv Patchwork book--signed by Maria Shell!!
  • Wedge Quilt Workshop book--signed by Christina Cameli!!
  • And some beautiful Oakshott Fat Quarters (I can't stop petting these new pretties!!--now I just need to gather the courage to actually use them)

Plush & Pretty Purchases
For more QuiltCon fun & adventures, check out these blog posts...

Part 1 of QuiltCon 2018: Charity Quilt Challenge
Part 3 of QuiltCon 2018: Quilts with a Cause
Part 4 of QuiltCon 2018: Awesome Modern Quilting

Comments